macaupost

Ho vows to ensure locals’ employment protection

2023-03-23 03:30     Comment:0

Chief Executive Ho Iat Seng pledged yesterday that the government will roll out effective measures to ensure that local residents’ employment is fully protected.

Ho made the remarks at Macau Fisherman’s Wharf while delivering a speech during the swearing-in ceremony for the new term of the board members of the Macau Federation of Trade Unions, commonly known as Gung Luen in Cantonese.

Ho acknowledged the “enormous” contributions Gung Luen has made to the prosperity and stability of the Macau Special Administrative Region (MSAR).

The chief executive also noted that during the three years of the COVID-19 pandemic Gung Luen had been carrying out extensive work in full compliance with the government’s COVID-19 prevention and control measures.

With the continuous development of the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macau Greater Bay Area (GBA) and the Guangdong-Macau In-depth Cooperation Zone in Hengqin, as well as the gradual implementation of the central government’s various policies and measures that support Macau’s continuous development, Macau will have various new development opportunities, Ho said. 

Ho pledged that the local government will implement effective measures to “respond to” the population’s demands. 

The local government will continue to improve legislation on labour issues, create a safe working environment, strengthen vocational training, and encourage workers to constantly increase their competitiveness, Ho said.

Ho pledged that with the city’s six new gaming concessions that started on January 1 this year and are scheduled to run for 10 years, the local government will ensure casino workers’ stable employment.  


Chief Executive Ho Iat Seng delivers a speech during yesterday’s swearing-in ceremony for the new term of the board members of the Macau Federation of Trade Unions, at Macau Fisherman’s Wharf. – Photo: GCS


BACK HOME
MORE NEWS
COMMENT
Click refresh authentication code
TODAY'S COVER