COOPERATION

title
Gambler short-changes elderly woman in banana deal: Macau police
The Public Security Police Force (PSP) arrested a woman from the Chinese mainland for short-changing on Saturday, PSP spokeswoman Kong Chi Ian said during a regular press conference yesterday.Kong identified the suspect as an unemployed woman in her 50s, surnamed Yao. Kong also said that the victim is a local resident in her 80s.According to Kong, on Friday, the victim was walking along Rua do Dr. Soares (蘇雅利醫士街) in the city centre when Yao approached her, offering bananas for sale
August 19, 2026
Comment: 0
Macau police nab woman for falsely accusing ex-boyfriend of rape
The Judiciary Police (PJ) arrested a woman for falsely accusing her ex-boyfriend of rape on Monday, PJ spokesman Ho Ka Weng said during a regular press conference yesterday.Ho identified the suspect as a 35-year-old unemployed local woman surnamed Chan. Ho also said the victim is a middle-aged man from the Chinese mainland.According to Ho, on August 6, Chan filed a report with the Public Security Police Force (PSP), claiming that last month she had been raped on four separate occasions by the
August 19, 2026 | BY Armindo Neves
Comment: 0
title
Mainland tourist dies after being hit by taxi: Macau police
A female Chinese mainland tourist in her eighties was pronounced dead after being struck by a taxi near the Treasure Island Hotel near Praça de Ferreira do Amaral yesterday evening, according to a statement released by the Public Security Police Force (PSP) that evening.The statement said that she suffered a fractured forearm and a laceration to the corner of her eye, adding that the accident occurred at around 5:36 p.m., when a taxi hit the tourist.The police and the Fire Services Bureau (CB)
August 19, 2026 | BY Khalel Vallo
Comment: 0
title
Zhuhai's Gongbei Customs seizes 158 terrapins in Gongbei
Zhuhai’s Gongbei Customs announced in a statement yesterday that its officers seized 158 terrapins from a Macau resident at Gongbei checkpoint on July 24.Gongbei Customs said the suspect, surnamed Ung, attempted to smuggle the reptiles into the mainland.According to the statement, Ung entered the mainland on that day via the “nothing to declare” green channel in the passenger inspection hall. Customs officers noticed that he was unusually nervous as he walked through the area and stopped
August 19, 2026 | BY Armindo Neves
Comment: 0
title
Spokesperson for Hong Kong and Macao Affairs Office of the State Council: Macao’s New Five-Year Plan Guides High-Quality Development to Open New Vistas and Write a New Chapter
A spokesperson for the Hong Kong and Macao Affairs Office of the State Council issued a statement yesterday, stating that the Macao Special Administrative Region (SAR) Government released Macao’s Third Five-Year Plan for Economic and Social Development (2026–2030) yesterday. This marks another vital step in the successful practice of “One Country, Two Systems” with Macao characteristics, holding milestone significance by providing a long-term roadmap to foster Macao’s
August 19, 2026 | BY admin
Comment: 0
title
Spokesperson for Liaison Office of Central People’s Government in Macao: Supporting Macao to Achieve Better Development Led by New Five-Year Plan
Yesterday, the Third Five-Year Plan for Economic and Social Development of the Macao Special Administrative Region (2026–2030) was officially published. Commenting on the release, a spokesperson for the Liaison Office of the Central People’s Government in Macao stated that “a single plan guides the future”, expressing support for Macao to achieve better development led by the new Five-Year Plan and to propel all undertakings in Macao to a new level.The spokesperson remarked that
August 19, 2026 | BY admin
Comment: 0
title
Macao SAR CE Sam Hou Fai vows 4 focus areas for Macau’s 3rd Five-Year Plan
The local government yesterday announced and published the final version of Macau’s 3rd Five-Year Plan. Addressing a one-hour press conference yesterday afternoon, Chief Executive Sam Hou Fai stressed the government’s commitment to advancing the implementation of the plan in four major aspects: promoting Macau’s appropriate economic diversification with its four future large-scale projects as key drivers, advancing Hengqin’s development, accelerating Macau’s urban renewal, and
August 19, 2026 | BY Tony Wong
Comment: 0
title
Macau resort operator SJM welcomes ‘Forge My Own Journey’ programme’s 2nd cohort
The SJM “Forge My Own Journey” Development Programme welcomed its second cohort of 61 new students as well as celebrated the achievements of the inaugural group during a launch and recognition ceremony earlier this week at Grand Lisboa Palace (GLP) in Cotai.The programme by SJM Resorts in partnership with the Macao University of Tourism (UTM) was launched in 2025 with the support of the Labour Affairs Bureau (DSAL) and the Education and Youth Development Bureau (DSEDJ). It combines academic
August 19, 2026 | BY Rui Pastorin
Comment: 0
title
Macau resort COD unveils luxury hotel REM
Integrated resort operator Melco Resorts & Entertainment has unveiled its latest luxury hotel REM at City of Dreams (COD), boasting 149 rooms and welcoming its first set of guests through a private invitation-only programme.Set for a grand opening in October, the hotel takes its core concept and name from Rapid Eye Movement, the sleep stage where most vivid dreaming happens, while the brain is also almost as active as when awake.“Built around this core concept, the hotel creates an
August 19, 2026 | BY Rui Pastorin
Comment: 0
title
Xi calls for stronger China-Ecuador synergy in development strategies
BEIJING – President Xi Jinping on Tuesday emphasised that China and Ecuador should strengthen the synergy of their development strategies and implement the cooperation plan for jointly building the Belt and Road (B&R).The two countries should deliver on cooperation projects in energy, minerals, infrastructure, finance and other sectors, and actively explore cooperation in areas including the digital economy, green development, new energy and artificial intelligence, Xi said when holding
August 19, 2026 | BY admin
Comment: 0
title
Xi says China supports LatAm countries in safeguarding regional peace, stability
BEIJING – China supports Latin American countries in upholding independence and self-reliance, pursuing foreign cooperation based on their national interests, and safeguarding regional peace and stability, President Xi Jinping said yesterday when holding talks with President of the Republic of Ecuador Daniel Roy-Gilchrist Noboa Azín.Xi stressed that China has always maintained that the status of the Latin American and Caribbean region as a zone of peace should not be shaken, the course of
August 19, 2026 | BY admin
Comment: 0
title
Macao Customs Service intercepts 10 smuggling cases in a week, seizes 105 litres of sake
The Macao Customs Service announced in a statement on Sunday that its officers busted 10 smuggling cases at the Barrier Gate, the Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao Bridge (HZMB) Macao Port (checkpoint), and Macau International Airport between August 7 and 13.According to the statement, a total of 53,000 e-cigarettes, 15,000 cigarettes, 600 toy models, 117 used mobile phones, and about 105 litres of Japanese sake were seized, with a total estimated market value of around 470,000 patacas.During the
August 18, 2026 | BY Armindo Neves
Comment: 0
title
Macau Int'l Airport operator CAM takes over Taipa Terminal airport space
The government will sign a concession agreement with local airport operator CAM – Macau International Airport Company Limited – on operating an area in the Taipa Ferry Terminal earmarked to be used as part of the adjacent airport, according to an executive order published in the Official Gazette (BO) yesterday.The order, signed by Chief Executive Sam Hou Fai on August 7, authorises Secretary for Transport and Public Works Raymond Tam Vai Man, on behalf of the local government, to sign the
August 18, 2026 | BY Tony Wong
Comment: 0
title
Macau resort operator MGM Summer Camp draws record participation
The two-day “9th MGM Golden Lion Summer Camp” has drawn in a record high of over 200 students aged 14 to 18 from 41 local secondary schools, the integrated resort operator said in a statement yesterday.The camp, which was held at the Guangdong-Macao In-Depth Cooperation Zone in Hengqin on Thursday and Friday, was launched in 2012, the statement said,The 2-day event featured team-building and experiential activities during the first day, among which were outdoor orienteering, archery tag,
August 18, 2026 | BY Rui Pastorin
Comment: 0
title
Macao SAR CE Sam Hou Fai appoints new head of Court of 2nd Instance
Chief Executive Sam Hou Fai has appointed Seng Ioi Man, who is currently a judge of the Court of Second Instance (TSI), as that court’s president effective from September 1, succeeding Choi Mou Pan who has been appointed by Sam as a judge of the Court of Final Appeal (TUI).Sam announced their appointments in two executive orders published in the Official Gazette (BO) yesterday. Sam signed the orders on Thursday last week.Seng’s appointment will last three years, and can be renewed upon
August 18, 2026 | BY Tony Wong
Comment: 0
title
View:
ICM