macaupost

Macau confirms 56th COVID-19 case

2021-07-22 03:36     Comment:0

A local resident arriving from the United Kingdom yesterday has been confirmed as Macau’s 56th COVID-19 case, the Novel Coronavirus Response and Coordination Centre said in a statement last night.

The centre classified it as an imported case.

According to the statement, the 56th novel coronavirus patient is a 21-year-old woman who studies in Britain. While in the UK, she received her first COVID-19 jab manufactured by US pharma firm Moderna.

The woman said that she had never before tested positive for COVID-19.

A nucleic acid test (NAT) that she underwent on Sunday in the UK was negative, the statement said.

The woman departed from the UK on Monday en route to Singapore on flight SQ319, seat No. 42A. After a stopover in Singapore she took flight SCOOT TR904, seat No. 23F, to Macau yesterday.

Macau confirmed its first COVID-19 case on January 22 last year. All cases have been classified as imported or “linked to imported” cases. No COVID-19 fatality has been reported in Macau.

BACK HOME
MORE NEWS
COMMENT
Click refresh authentication code
TODAY'S COVER